Apply for a Career in Care with Pineshield Health and Social Care Services
We have several exciting new vacancies available for Social Care Workers at Pineshield, working with adults, supporting them to live independently in their own home as well as out and about with social activities within the community. We are looking to work in local geographical areas in a new and exciting way.
We have part time and full-time contracts available with a pay scale of £8.75-£9.50 plus travel time and mileage. No experience necessary as a fully paid training induction is provided.
We cover the whole of Cardiff (St Mellons, Rumney, Pentwyn, Llanishen, Whitchurch, Llandaff, Fairwater, Canton & Ely) these are not exclusive but form part of our existing runs
- Having a driving licence and use of your own vehicle as the role is community based.
- Being flexible and available between 07:00 – 23:00 over five days a week including weekends on a rota basis that meets the business needs.
- Commitment to ongoing paid training and working towards your QCF level 2 in Health & Social Care.
Other staff benefits for working at Pineshield:
- We are in the process of implementing the PASS system so care staff have all the up to date information at hand.
- You are given a works mobile with the PASS, the professional code of conduct and the safeguarding apps.
- We will support you to obtain a Blue Light Card which give you discount in several high street stores and restaurants.
- We are partnered with Hastee Pay, a system which allows staff who run into unexpected financial difficulties before there next pay is due, to borrow on what they have already earned.
- We are partnered with the Care Friends Scheme.
- We run a care worker employee of the month as a thank you to staff who have worked extra or who have been complemented for a job well done.
- Full training and support for your career development.
If you are interested, then please apply today and we will send you a job application form and job description.
We are currently interviewing weekly so if you are successfully shortlisted for the post we will be back in touch and you will be invited to attend an interview.
We have 4 new exciting vacancies available for Senior Social Care Workers at Pineshield. The post will include working with children and adults out in the community with more responsibilities in geographical areas in a new and exciting way. You will be required to do on-call and you will be given a contract for up to 30hrs per week with the opportunities for overtime.
Pay Scale: £9.10/£9.75 plus travel time between calls and mileage
- Having a driving licence and use of your own vehicle as the role is community based
- Being flexible and available between 07:00 – 23:00 over five days a week (including weekends) to meet the business needs
- Enrolled on or already have a QCF or NVQ level 3 in Health & Social Care
If you are interested, then please apply today by emailing email@example.com and we will forward you a job application form and job description.
The closing date for these post is :- 20/03/20
Once we have shortlisted for the post we will be back in touch with you to let you know if you been successful and if you will be invited in for an interview
Social Care Worker Job Description and Person Specification
Senior Social Care Worker Job Description and Person Specification
Please answer the following questions and upload an application form and your CV below. Thanks!
My extended family
The enjoyment of working for Pineshield
Behind the scenes of a careworker day
Welcome to Pineshield Care. If you’re looking to build a career in social care or whether you are an experienced social care worker seeking a new challenge, this page of the website has information about the job opportunities available at Pineshield.
More and more people need support to live the life they choose in comfort and safety. Our team of dedicated staff are there to provide the tailored support that each one of our customers requires. Working with vulnerable people, whether they’re elderly, have a physical or learning disability or mental health issues, can be challenging but it’s also very satisfying to make a real difference to someone. As a social care worker, you’re an important part of our customers’ and their families lives which requires mutual trust and commitment.
A career in social care is not for everyone - it takes a particular kind of person to work in an environment where no two days are the same and often involve unsociable hours. Our staff aren’t just dedicated to providing great care, they are committed, professional and extremely hard working. We want to help our staff build careers with us and we always look to promote from within the company where appropriate. We have numerous examples where individuals, supported by training and mentoring, have been promoted into new roles that progress their careers. So, if you’re committed to a career with us, your very first job could lead you to many different roles in social care that build your skills and experience.
Our Cardiff Community
We’ve been a part of the Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan community for over 15 years and strongly believe in supporting it whenever we can. We’re a proud supporter of the Alzheimer’s Society, hosting a cupcake day to raise funds for their excellent work. And our annual coffee morning in support of the Macmillan Cancer ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ is not only an opportunity to support this tremendous organisation but a chance for our staff to have a well-deserved break and indulge their sweet tooth.
So, if you think you have what it takes to become a member of our great social care team, find out more about the roles available.
How Can We Help?
Talk to us
Working out what kind of support you or a loved one needs can be confusing. Pineshield has a team of specialists on hand to help you live life the way you want with the right support where and when you need it.
Call us for a confidential chat about your requirements or to arrange for a home visit by a team member to discuss how we can help.